Rep. Ron Kind Votes for American Rescue Plan to Provide Relief to Wisconsin Families and Jumpstart our Economy
Washington, DC —Early this morning, Rep. Ron Kind voted to pass the American Rescue Plan to provide badly needed relief to Wisconsin families amid the COVID-19 crisis. This package will deliver $1,400 stimulus payments to Wisconsinites, provide tools to crush the COVID-19 virus, help schools safely reopen, and generate a strong economic recovery.
“I’ve heard from so many Wisconsinites about the challenges they’re facing due to the COVID-19 crisis, whether it’s our front-line health care professionals working tirelessly to combat this virus, schools trying desperately to keep our kids safe in the classroom, or our farmers, families, and small businesses struggling to make ends meet,” said Rep. Ron Kind. “That’s why I voted to pass the American Rescue Plan. This legislation is a direct reflection of what people back home want Congress to do, and we are working to meet the urgency of this moment. The American Rescue Plan will deliver much-needed aid to families and small businesses across the state, ramp up vaccine production, help us beat the COVID-19 virus, and get our economy back on track. Time is of the essence, and Wisconsinites need relief now.”
Rep. Kind’s legislation to help ensure nursing homes have the support they need to combat COVID-19 was also passed as part of this package. The American Rescue Plan includes provisions to:
- Deliver $1,400 stimulus payments to individuals and dependents, bringing total relief to $2,000 per person
- Fund a national vaccine program
- Provide $17o billion to schools to help them safely reopen
- Extend federal unemployment benefits through August 2021 and increase the weekly benefit to $400
- Increase the Child Tax Credit to $3,600 per year for children under 6 and $3,000 per year for children between 6 and 17
- Stabilize the pensions for more than one million Americans who participate in multiemployer plans
- Increase the Earned Income Tax Credit
- Reduce health care premiums by increasing the Affordable Care Act’s premium tax credits for two years
- Help families access high-quality child care by expanding the Child and Dependent Tax Credit to allow families to claim up to half their child care expenses
Rep. Kind encourages anyone who needs assistance to contact his office at 888-442-8040 or send him an email at kind.house.gov.