Rep. Kind Introduces Plan to Preserve the Future of Wisconsin Dairy
U.S. Rep. Ron Kind unveiled a plan to preserve the future of Wisconsin dairy. Rep. Kind’s comprehensive plan works to fix some of the problems that he has been hearing about from Wisconsin dairy farmers as he has been visiting farms for June Dairy Days.
“During June Dairy Days I have had the privilege of talking with many dairy farmers and their families, and in each conversation they have emphasized how hard the past few years have been for them and their families. It is critical that we take steps to secure the future of Wisconsin dairy by leveling the playing field and putting in place policies that give our dairy farmers the tools they need to thrive,” said Rep. Kind.
Rep. Kind’s comprehensive strategy to secure the future of Wisconsin dairy consists of five key principles:
- Opening new markets for Wisconsin farmers
- Making the Tax Code and Programs Wisconsin Dairy Farmers Use More Effective & Efficient
- Encouraging the Next Generation of Dairy Farmers
- Expanding Agriculture Research
- Comprehensive Immigration Reform
Read the full plan to secure Wisconsin dairy here.