Federal Agencies

One of the most important services that I provide to the people of western and central Wisconsin is assisting them when they have a problem with a federal agency. Working with federal agencies can be difficult and confusing. My staff and I are more than willing to help you navigate the process.


Step One: Determine if I can help you.
What I can do to help:

I can assist you if you are having problems with a federal agency and live in Wisconsin's Third Congressional District. For example, I can help with the Social Security Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service, to name a few.

What I cannot do to help:

Unfortunately, I cannot help you if your problem involves a state or local agency. In addition, I am forbidden by law from providing legal advice and intervening in a legal dispute.

If you are having a problem with a state agency, please contact you state legislators. If you do not know who your representatives are, click here or call 608-266-0341.

Step Two: Gather all relevant materials.

  • Fill out the casework authorization form by clicking here.
  • If you are having problems with the IRS, you will also need to fill out this form.
  • Gather all relevant documents. You may be asked to provide my staff with any supporting documentation you have pertaining to your case.

Step Three: Contact one of my offices.

If you are having a problem with the following agencies, please contact my La Crosse office.

  • Census Bureau
  • Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
  • Department of Agriculture (USDA)
  • Disabilities and health insurance
  • Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
  • Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
  • Pensions and worker compensation
  • Social Security Administration


Office of Congressman Ron Kind
205 5th Ave S., Suite 400
La Crosse, WI 54601
608-782-4588 (fax)


If you are having a problem with the following agencies, please contact my Eau Claire office.

  • Bureau of Indian Affairs
  • Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS)
  • Department of Defense
  • Department of Education
  • Department of Transportation
  • Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  • Interstate child support enforcement
  • State Department (If you are having passport trouble, please click here)
  • U.S. Postal Service


Office of Congressman Ron Kind
131 S. Barstow St., Suite 301
Eau Claire, WI 54701
715-831-9272 (fax)

*Remember, do not send original copies of documentation or supporting materials. If you have any questions, please call 888-442-8040.

Casework Authorization & Privacy Act Release Form (03/11/1306:34 PMET )
Casework IRS Authorization (03/04/1301:05 PMET )
Casework Passport Authorization (03/22/1109:13 AMET )